I personally wouldn’t even put a hamster in one. It may seem like your hedgehog is having a good time but when a hedgehog is in one of those balls it will be will be totally traumatised.
So here are a few points to think about.
- Their sense of smell is cut off, so they will be blind
- Their hearing is also cut off
- They have limited viability but this will reduce it completely
- Constantly crashing into walls and objects will not do your hedgehog any good.
- Their constant running around is probably an attempt to climb up the sides, they just end up rolling.
- How can you interact with you hedgehog when its trapped in a ball.
- Ventilation will also be limited rolling around in poo and wee inside a ball can’t be healthy.
- Their feet can get trapped in the holes, ending in broken feet or legs.
- Their nails can get stuck in the holes and ripped out.
- They still need constant supervision.
- What happens when the dog runs in and wants to play with the moving ball.
- They will be totally traumatised
- Can’t think of any